Quote

Every moments that I spend with my children is a blessing from Allah. Inshaa Allah I will try to stick around as long as I could through out their childhood, loving and guiding them all along the way. Hopefully they will remember me, their only mother, when they lead their own life.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Bedtime is not a 'battle' anymore..

Subhanallah.. before this bedtime has always been a struggle. I had to drag my son all along the way to his bed. He kept giving me excuses so that he can stay awake for a while. I think this is common for preschoolers.

Not until I found this link that shows how the mother put her 3 little bubs (5, 4, 2) to bed masha allah : Umm Abdul Basir's

I was thinking to do the same thing with Abdullah, but I kept delaying it (because of not enough material hehe) until I don't know how and when.. I figured out that he loves being read to sooo much. So, I tried to make a routine. Before bedtime, he must drink some milk, go to the toilet and brush his teeth. And we'll go upstairs together and have our read aloud session, and of course with our sweet little Umamah too (even if she wanders around more than sitting quietly on my lap). It's so easy masha allah. We have been doing this for 2 weeks, not just I don't have to use power struggle to make him go to bed, he even sleeps earlier!

We read one book (one story) every night. We have a book which consists of collections of stories from al-Quran. Don't be surprised if your child asks you to read the same story every night. Please bear with him. He will learn different thing each time he listens to it. Recently, we bought a book, one of Thomas and Friends series and Abdullah is completely in love with it because there are buttons that create sounds. Inshaa Allah we are trying to buy more books in the future.

Read aloud is definitely one of the prereading activities that can instill the love of reading into your child :)

No comments:

Post a Comment