Quote

Every moments that I spend with my children is a blessing from Allah. Inshaa Allah I will try to stick around as long as I could through out their childhood, loving and guiding them all along the way. Hopefully they will remember me, their only mother, when they lead their own life.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Abdullah wrote his first letter (purposefully)


Yesterday, when we were walking in the mall, a woman and a man from the UNICEF AIDS-free campaign approached us. They asked us to sign our names on the huge white paper to show our support. And so we did. The man offered Abdullah to write something on the paper. I said to him, “You can try to write the letter ‘aa’”. (I taught him letters’ sound and not letters’ names). I was not hoping that he will write it. To my surprise, he did masha allah!
Last week we have been doing a few activities on the letter ‘a’. I cut a potato into a letter ‘a’, and he enjoyed stamping it on a large piece of paper. We cut a few animal pictures that begin with the sound of ‘aa’ – arnab, anjing, angsa. (I started with bahasa first as it is our main language of communication.) We painted the letter, and he did some tracing but just a few, no fun maybe :D
I’ve been asking him to recognize the letter ‘a’ during our read aloud session before bedtime or at any time of the day. He managed to do that alhamdulillah. Insha allah I will write about the sound game that we play which is one of the Montessori way to teach children how to read and write.
Subhanallah.. I just cant wait to document this moment that I begin this blog by writing about it and not introducing the whole thing that I’m trying to do here :D



No comments:

Post a Comment