Quote

Every moments that I spend with my children is a blessing from Allah. Inshaa Allah I will try to stick around as long as I could through out their childhood, loving and guiding them all along the way. Hopefully they will remember me, their only mother, when they lead their own life.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What we did today..

Alhamdulillah, I'm grateful to Allah for what we have done today. Abdullah was happy and I was happy too.




It's water play time. I gave Abdullah a brush and a bucket and he can paint the wall! He's always so excited about this and imagine that he's a workman who's working hard to finish up building a house or something.

I took the chance to 'paint' some letters and we worked on some letters recognition; both Arabic and the ABC.

And, he just couldn't stop himself from bringing the joy to the next level :


He learned a few things that float on the water and those that don't. 

This is another activity that he did today which was new to him; one of the Montessori approach to developing child's language - the mystery bag

You will need a bag and a few different but familiar objects around the house and put them inside the bag. Ask your child to put her hand into the bag and describes what she can feel without actually saying the name of the object. You try and guess the name. After a while, change places with each other. This game helps your child to increase vocabularies and and also train the sense of touch.



I do think this game is nice because it is so fun to hear what your child is going to say to describe the objects. I can't help myself from giggling each time he described them. But masha Allah he impressed me. I'm looking forward to play this game again tomorrow.

We played some more fishing game with the alphabets of 'r', 'm', 'j', 't', 'l' and 'k'.


Alhamdulillah for all of this. A soon-to-be-4-year-old boy is so full with energy. I think well-planned activities can help to reduce the mess and chaos that he's capable to create :D

1 comment:

  1. aktiviti yg menarik... thanks for sharing.. insyaa Allah can apply to my son too.. :)

    ReplyDelete